Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Things

What I like about here. Carvel. Sunsets. Lightning. That my dad and aunt are here.

What I hate about here: Just about everything else. Highway 19. Humidity. The drivers. The curbs (there aren't many). The shoulders on the roads (there aren't any). Sidewalks (rust-colored and cracked). The attitudes of people, natives and transplants both. The weather. That Kelly's not here. That it's not home.

Homesickness is really starting to kick in now. I treated myself to a facial and pedicure at a real spa on Monday, trying to pretend I was in a California state of mind. It worked while I was there, but wore off as soon as I got in the car and had to deal with idiot drivers again. This is going to sound so selfish, but Aunt Irene, please get better. I need to go home but can't leave until you're safely settled into a rehab facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment