Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Chair, A Chair, My Kingdom for a Chair!

She was in the chair and off the ventilator when we visited at the morning session today! Of course, she was tired, cranky, and wanted to be back in bed and put on the ventilator... but they had her in the chair. Apparently they had her sitting straight up, but she couldn't tolerate that for very long, so let her recline to almost bed-level. Still, a big step.

Her big question for today: Had we 'investigated' the hospital? Hm. Nothing to investigate, dear; it's where the doctor did the surgery and where he wanted you to be. We both agreed, though, that today's respiratory therapist left a lot to be desired. She had also been complaining that no one told her what was going on (well, they do tell her, but she forgets), when today's therapist came in. Without saying anything about what he was doing, he started poking around her, looking for something. I asked what he was looking for and what he was doing, and he finally said he was checking her blood gasses level. Yeah; great bedside manner. Think I'll mention that to one of the 2 nurses that we really like when we see them again.

Dad went to afternoon visit, because I had some work to do. He said she was about the same as the morning. Tired, but back in bed and on the ventilator again. Didn't mention if she was asking any more 'interesting' questions. I'll take the evening shift so dad can have a 'date' with his girlfriend (who's making dinner for us both, as a matter of fact).

In yarny news, I went to the other LYS for this part of the world. Fiber Art is in Odessa, Florida, on Gunn Highway, and seriously, knitters - if you're within 50 miles of this place, stop in. The first room on the right is full of baby yarns, but the first room on the left - A. Whole. Room. With. Nothing. But. Noro. Holy moly. I don't even like Noro and the room was breathtaking. Roz, the owner, was a sweetie, and when I said I didn't like Noro 'cuz it was scratchy (no comment, Kadootje, no comment!), she brought me back to the room and pointed out all the non-wool or little-wool Noro she carries (duh... it's hot-humid-and-sticky Florida... of course she's going to carry non-wools). So I picked up 2 skeins of Chirimen, a blend of cotton, silk, and just 16% wool. Plus, she carried Daria, the corded yarn that's been discontinued. Figured I'd try my hand at some jewelry.

So, I've now quite successfully migrated my polygamist knitting ways from West Coast to East Coast. On needles or waiting to be worked on:
- KnitCol basic sockies.
- Mmmmalabrigo socks.
- Pigeonroof Studio socks.
- Blue Heron Rainbow Metallic Clapotis.
- 1x1 ribbed scarf with the Noro Chirimen (soon as I get a set of #6 needles).

Oh well. Guess it's just me being me!

No comments:

Post a Comment