Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reinforcement

Thank you, Northside Knitter, for sharing your comments about your dad's progress after his tumble. I was suspecting that something exactly like what you described may happen, so I am planning to stay in the pull-out bed in her room for the first 2 days or so. She's also occasionally disoriented already, so moving her may just make it worse, at least at first. We are hoping for the same scenario you describe, a dip then slow but steady progress. (PS - can you send your normal email to me via Rav PM? I don't have your email address and many times I want to thank you privately for your comments, so I can't!)

Aunt was very tired this morning; they had just cleaned her up, rearranged her, turned down the ventilator, so she opened her eyes and talked to me for a little bit, but quickly nodded out again. The nurse said she hasn't been sleeping soundly, so when she (aunt) was in a good sleep this morning, she (nurse) let her go until 10:00, when she (aunt) woke up on her own. Time to leave Starbucks now and head over there for the afternoon visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment