Monday, June 29, 2009

Red Tape

Supposedly, aunt's lung surgeon (Dr. DiSantis) is supposed to call her primary care physician (Dr. Jain) to start the ball rolling on getting her moved to UCH/Connerton. Dr. Jain not only has to agree with Dr. DiSantis, but she then has to call WellCare and tell them that the Connerton LTACH facility is the best place for aunt I. Connerton then has to get a letter of agreement in place with WellCare.

Dr. DiSantis was saying he thought she could move as soon as Tuesday (they want to do it the day after a dialysis treatment), but I wonder if he really grounded that in the reality of bureaucracy and red tape.

I spoke with the nurse liaison at Connerton, and she said that they're ready for her, as soon as all the ducks get lined up. Even with the pushing from the doctors' side and the pulling from Connerton's side, I'm thinking Thursday may be more likely. Tuesday or Thursday, though, I'm still a little anxious about the move. I hope they keep her sedated enough to not freak out during the trip. I plan to be there when she arrives at Connerton and will say at least the first night, maybe the second night, and possibly the third, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment