Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Stitch N Pitch

Joined many, many Bay Area knitters at PacBell Park (okay, I know it's now called AT&T Park, but I still think of it as PacBell) for Stitch N Pitch, the TNNA-organized event bringing together knitters who would never set foot in a ballpark unless knitting was involved, and baseball fans who don't know the difference between knitting and crocheting. It was quite a hoot to look down the row and see seat after seat filled with people (mostly women) knitting socks and hats and scarves and shawls and sweaters.

Unfortunately, not only did Barry not go deep, but after the Giants came back from a 4-0 deficit and went into extra innings, they couldn't dig out when the Braves scored 3 more runs in the unlucky 13th inning. Oh well. It was still fun, and I had my first-ever ride on CalTrain. Brought back my old Long Island Railroad days. While on the train, I worked on my toe-up Jaywalkers, and while at the game, I cast on for a new booga bag. Needed something mindless, and I can't think of anything more mindless than a felted bag - garter stitch square bottom, then round and round in knit.

Even though Kelly has claimed them, I wore "his" Rock N Weave socks tonight. Tres comfy. He may need to learn how to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment