Sunday, July 22, 2007

Later That Same Day...

Done! The BMFA "Rock 'n Weave" cuffed sock in Lemongrass - done! It is a tad heavier-weight than I had anticipated so I knew it would be a winter wardrobe item, but the cuff - while looking great and is a terrific design - makes it look sort of bootie-like. I gave them to Kelly to try on after I had Kitchener'd the toe (yes, I made them cuff-down, according to the pattern, instead of trying to adapt it to a toe-up version) and he liked them! I just had him try them on because we have the same foot size... I didn't even think to offer them to him because I thought they might be too "girly," what with the cuff and the picot edging, not to mention the lemony/greeny color. But he thinks they'll be great house slippers, so they have found a home. He's even picked out the buttons for the cuff. Don't worry, though - I'll wear them at least once as socks.

I did have a little problem with grafting the toe: After making the last "knit off, purl off," those last two stitches are very pointy. Need to figure out how to make that final step more rounded.

Photos to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment