Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thank Goodness They Weren't Time Trials!

I raise my left hand with a cramped and bloodied stump and say, "thank goodness that's over!"

Oh, okay; I had fun. I learned lots of things:

- “Forced project monogamy” is not my cuppa tea. (I still managed to cheat on both Ice Queen and Lacey Vee with at least 3 other projects. I'm a hopeless yarn ho.)
- The more projects I finished, the more I wanted to cast on for something else.
- That I am actually capable of finishing knitted items that aren’t socks.
- That working with yarn on a cone is wonderful - no joining!
- That working with yarn on a cone is a pain in the tush - YOU try lugging around 2 pounds of cotton to get your WIP knitting done! (That’s why it was a WIP for 3 years!)
- That I really really like my Ice Queen.


The Knitters (well, most of them...) were here yesterday and I was knitting pretty solidly with them from around 3:30 pm until 8:30 or so when the last person left, then on into the night until 1:30 am, when I bound off just as the US basketball team won their gold medal match. Fitting, I thought.

But, really... my left hand is killing me if I put it into any position other than knitting position. I'm tempted to make progress on ChickenKnittle's socks, or Kadootje's socks, or RP's socks... but I'm going to pretend to be all growed up and dunk my hand in a bucket of ice water instead. So, while I do that, you can admire my lates FO. Friends, Romans, hunky Olympic swimmers, I give you Lacey Vee tee. (And, since I had the camera out, the teeny bit of progress on the Gumdrops socks.)



No comments:

Post a Comment