Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ancient Scroll

Well okay, maybe not 'ancient,' but they have been on the needles for a while. Scroll Lace socks, done in Hazelknits Artisan yarn (nylon & merino) in Plum Glace'. Great pattern, easier than I thought it would be. Knit toe-up (natch), and sized for a woman's big (10.5? 11?). Chickenknittle likes her socks high up her calf, so the first time I finished them, I wanted to compensate for the fact that legs get a little wider going up the leg. Oops, I over-compensated and when she wore them for a couple of hours, they got a little slouchy; can't see the lovely pattern when they're all squished down around her ankles. So I undid the 2x2 ribbing in favor of a 1x1 ribbing (oh and I may have decreased down a few ::cough:: 8 ::cough:: stitches). She tried them on today and they fit like they were made for her. Which they were. Duh. :-)
And, even though she had a wicked bad head cold, she still came over and helped me reorganize my yarn room. Everything's nice and neat, but the best part is that there are empty spaces that are crying out to be filled with MORE YARN! Just in time for the Bobbin's Nest pre-inventory sale!





Blessed (slightly belated) Solstice, Chickenknittle. Thanks for all your help today, and I hope you're feeling better.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Meg! Sorry I couldn't chat today! Mwah! ~e

    ReplyDelete