Friday, December 26, 2008

Thankful, But Disappointing

Christmas Day was quiet and lovely. Waking up next to DH always makes it a good day. And with the current economy, I really shouldn't complain about going to a nice restaurant for Christmas dinner... but I must.

A formal letter to the restaurant will be written today or tomorrow, but it started with a shard of glass found on my bread plate, then continued to store-bought dinner rolls, having to ask (twice) for a fork, a cold prime rib, and a liquid creme brulee. Unfortunate, especially given the price they charge for 'special event' days like yesterday. The server wasn't attentive enough to notice that I wasn't eating my appetizer (no fork), wasn't eating my steak (no fork), cut my steak but had stopped eating it and pushed the plate to the side (cold), or had cracked into my creme brulee but had put that aside, too (liquid). Luckily, the food - once problems were rectified - was superb. (And I changed my main course from prime rib to something else - I didn't want to take any more chances.)

No, I'm not going to name the restaurant. This was highly unusual for them, and I do mean *highly* unusual. We normally get excellent service there, even on other special event days. So, while we're chalking this up to an aberation, it still demands that they get a letter.

So, despite the clunk of a dinner, it was a wonderful day. We're together, we have wonderful friends and family, and have been able to keep a relatively steady income through the year.

Oh, and Santa went shopping at a yarn store, and I got some Mountain Colors wool/mohair/nylon sock yarn in a gorgeous colorway. Yum! (This was on top of my other Santas bringing me some Jitterbug, some Malabrigo sock yarn, and some Arucania Magallanes. More yum!)

Hope your holiday was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment