Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NaNo!

It's NaNo time again! (For those who aren't involved or who don't recall, November is National Novel Writing Month - write a 50,000-word novel in 30 days.)

Days 1, 2, and 3 were good word-count days; as of now, I'm about 200 words over the daily amount needed to keep pace (1667 per day gets you 50,010 words by the end of the month). And last night I went to my first write-in of the month, at Panera's in Gilroy. Munichmaedchen and I were there from about 7:00, and around 7:30, ca.bookwyrm joined us, too.

Tonight, I'll be hosting a write-in at our local indie bookseller, BookSmart, from 6:00 to 8:00. Ca.bookwyrm said she'll be there, too, but it's anyone's guess how many others will show up. It may be a gaggle of two!

In November, I don't usually have a lot of knitting progress to show, but I am very close to finishing another pair of slippers, and am about 4 rows into the lace part of "Hey, Teach!"

Now, off to do some writing for someone else (for which I get paid) so I can do some writing for me (for which I definitely do not get paid).

No comments:

Post a Comment