Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lessons Learned

Sitting here on the balcony of a lovely hotel room in Sandy Eggo, overlooking the bay and Coronado Island, I am happily knitting Hibito... and am learning some lessons about knitting monogamy vs knitting whoredom... To wit...

Knitting something from start to finish in one (relative) swoop means that your gauge does not get overly wonky from putting it down, picking it up, putting it down, picking it up, rinse, lather, repeat.

Knitting something from start to finish, I can remember where I purled from the knit side and where I purled from the purl side.

Knitting something from start to finish, I can see where I did cables without a cable needle, and I can see where I used one.

Knitting something from start to finish, I can (probably) (mostly) remember where I changed the pattern to make it a bit longer... and to avoid so many purl rows... I will (probably) (hopefully) be able to seam them well enough so my two fronts are the same length as my back.

I'm about to add the 3rd color to do the top pattern, where the armhole shapings are... I should be able to remember how I did the shapings on the front. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment