Sunday, September 21, 2008

Good Friends

I had a very yarny birthday, thanks to my many wonderful friends! Some Mini-Maiden and Casbah, some Jitterbug, some Arucania, and a gift certificate that brought me some lovely Guanaco by Aslan Trends. And my friends? They know me... all the colors were perfect, simply perfect! What fun, what fun! Thank you all!!

Tomorrow (Monday), one of my closest friends will be visiting. After 9/11, she moved back East to be closer to her family, so we've been keeping in touch via email and phone calls... but tomorrow she'll be here in the flesh! It's been too long since we've seen each other, and I really miss her. It will be good to see you again, JB!

Hand surgery scheduled for Wednesday morning (early early early!). Expecting a relatively quick recovery, recouperation, and re-use of my left thumb without pain and snapping.

Oh, and I spent my birthday taking the California mandatory 6-hour notary training class, followed by the California mandatory 45-minute, 30-question notary exam. Got the score yesterday; passed with an 88! I may not do a lot of notarizations, but it's really cool having that stamp and the embosser! (Yes, I know I don't neeeed the embosser... but it's really fun to use!)

Making progress on Hibito, Hey Teach!, and ChickenKnittle's Scroll Lace Socks (mostly thanks to spending the afternoon at Bobbin's Nest yesterday during Shop Hop), not so much progress on the other socks and sweater on the needles. But I have a goal... The Hey Teach! yarn was purchased with birthday gift money from last year. I'm aiming to have it done (or mostly done) by the time we visit DH's parentals at the end of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment