Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bless Me, Father, For I Have Sinned...

...it has been 13 hours since my last cast-on. I was supposed to be saving myself for someone special (Malabrigo) by slutting about with those other projects on needles - the embellished top, Hibito, Scroll Lace socks, Flat Feet socks - oh, well, you know all those other things; I've been promising to be faithful to them for weeks. Alas, I have fallen, succumbed to the soft squishiness of Malabrigo , and to the ease of Hey Teach.

Even the obstacle thrown in my way - I couldn't find the right needle size - was bulldozed over. I simply cast on and did the ribbing on size 8s, knowing that when I got to the stockinette part, the size 9s would make their appearance - and they did!!!! Er, I mean, sadly, they did.

In penance, I am actually following all the recommendations about knitting with hand-dyed yarn, and am switching from one ball to another every 2 rows to mitigate any pooling or striping that might occur. (Boy, that's a pain.)

::sigh:: I'm hopeless...

No comments:

Post a Comment