Sunday, February 17, 2008

I (Heart) Hubbie

Valentine's Day was quite lovely (as it always is). I was under strict orders to be ready by 6:00 -which included not just showered and spiffied up, presentable to the outside world, BUT also relaxed and ready for an enjoyable evening. Ah, my hubbie knows me so well...

So at 4:30, I'm rushing to finish my billable hours so I can shower and sit for at least a half-hour before he gets home. Almost worked... was ready about 15 minutes before he came home. Um... about the 'relaxed' part? Well, I hadn't quite finished knitting his present, so while I was trying to act relaxed, I was wondering how much time I really had before we left!

Fortunately, he had to take a shower, so I knit like the wind, trying to get the last 8 rows of Harlot's Unoriginal Hat done in time to stuff it in a bag and bring it along. No such luck; he's a fast shower-er and I'm a slow knitter. We needed to leave when I had 2 - only 2! - rows left to go! (And sinking ends, etc., but let's not quibble.)

We wound up at one of our favorite restaurants, Crimson, in Los Gatos, where Diane Rose (owner and chef extraordinaire) was presiding over the dining room this year instead of the kitchen. It's been a tradition for a couple of years to have dinner with G & K; lo and behold, there they were! And these two humungous flower arrangements were waiting for us on the table - so big, we couldn't see each couple on the other side! And something we laughed about all night long? We were the only foursome in the place. Think about it... Valentine's Day? Romantical evening with your hunny-bunny? Snuggly-wuggly kissy-face couples all around? And there we are, the four of us, having a rolicking good time!

Yeah, it was fun. And I finished the hat in about 10 minutes once we got back home. It even fit him.

Knitting progress - Slow, but am making my way through the Serendipity heel. My, but it's taking a long time! I'm used to doing short-row heels with an 8- or 10-stitch w&t on each side... this one is 15! (15 wrapped on each side, 12 in the middle.) Damn!

Also managed to do an inch or so on D's pass-around sock. Have decided I really hate purling in the round. Oh, and I'm almost finished with my Stitches homework. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment