Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Year of Finishing Dangerously, Progress Thus Far

(RSC Serendipity WIP photo below - avert your eyes if you don't want to see.)

Okay, so where was that list of rules? Er, exceptions? Most of what I've knit this month is included in the exceptions, right? Let's see... there's this:


Had to knit this to practice entrelac for the Monday night group. Had to. So that's covered under... let's see... "items for demos." Yeah, that's it. (I know, the original rules say that it's supposed to be "STORE items for demos." Close enough.)

Then there's this:

This will be an entrelac hat done in the round. See, I'm doing this KAL later this year, those Eunny Jang entrelac socks? So I have to practice doing entrelac in the round, and because it's for the socks (which are exempt), this is exempt, too. Right? (Don't answer that.)

Then these jumped onto my needles:


Um. Well, these were, er... is there an exemption for gifts? Huh. There should be. (Not that these are going to be a gift to anyone other than me, but I'm just sayin'...) These must fall under the "things that seemed like a good idea at the time." And they are making use of stash yarn (left over STR mediumweight Rare Gems from my Marble Arches socks). So there.

And these!


These are definitely in the approved category: my first Rockin' Sock Club sock! Serendipity, in the gorgeous color, Dragon Dance (mine is Aido-Wedo, by the way). This shot taken after the ribbing and 6 rows into the lace. As you can see, I'm getting the pooling that has been much spoken about in blog and post. I say, screw it. The yarn is gorgeous. I'm more concerned with fit than pooling.

And finally, a project that the YOFD was originally created for: I cast on for the Bistro Shirt!

I think I bought the pattern and yarn in 2005 (although it could have been 2004...). I was much smaller then and I know I don't have enough yarn, but am just going to forge ahead and see where I run out. Rowan Summer Tweed in Blueberry. Yummy.

And no, I haven't started swatching for the Masters yet; thanks for asking, wise guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment