Friday, January 11, 2008

There Otter Be A Law, and TYOFD Exemption the Tooth

So there I was, minding my own business, recovering from the cold that whumped me onto my keester... when another one hit! Damn! I don't think I fully got over that last one when this one hit. Isn't there some rule or law that says you can't get two colds at once? I mean, really. I slept until a quarter 'til 11:00 this morning, and still needed a nap this afternoon. Damn. I don't suppose I could blame this on my mother-in-law, huh?

No pictures to show, but I'm actually making progress on a couple of WIPs... I finally finished the second heel of D's pass-around sock with no other mishaps. Four frogs is plenty, don't you think? For the Marble Arches socks, I had been putting off doing the side gusset because even though I told myself numerous times that, once turned, all I had to do was knit in circles to the toe... I kept forgetting that all I had to do after the gusset was knit in circles to the toe. So I would look at them sitting in their baggie, think, "too much trouble: gusset, then pattern," and then pick up something else. I finally looked at them in their baggie and thought, "cool - all I have to do is make the side gusset, then I just knit in circles to the toe!" and then actually did the gusset and now I'm knitting circles to the toe. (I'm dense but I'm cute.)

I think I've decided to do "Fetching" in Garnstudio's Silke Alpaca. Mmmm... Going to be weird because I have one skein of cream and one of burgundy. And since I'm going to make them both at once, one will be cream and one will be burgundy. (I'm weird but I'm cute.)

So far, by the way, I haven't yet cast on for anything in 2008 that isn't already part of my designated project collection. At least, I think I haven't. Well, maybe I have. But when your mother-in-law cuts off her hair and requests a hat, and you're going to visit her a week after she did that, do you tell her, "No, I have this resolution thing and it doesn't have an exemption for hats for my mother-in-law"? No, you don't. What you do is you cast on for the damn hat and make an exemption to the resolution:

"Ain't momma happy, ain't nobody happy." Loosely translated: "Whatever momma wants, momma gets."

(She really liked the hat, by the way... and wants more. House slippers, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment