Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year's Eve Eve

I was going to use today to reminisce about 2007, but I must have been a naughty girl, because Santa thoughtfully left me a cold for Christmas. In exchange, he took my brain, so I have been pretty useless around the house, have got barely 3 hours of billable hours done in 6 days, and any knitting that requires counting higher than 8 is out of the question. Going back over the calendar and remembering what happened this year is most assuredly beyond me at this time.

However, I do know certain things...

I am thankful for having a loving and wonderful husband, many loving and wonderful friends and family, food on my table, a roof over my head, and enough yarn to keep me knitting for quite some time even if I never set foot in a yarn store again.

Party safe on New Year's Eve - they don't call it "Amateur Night" for nothing. If you're in our neck of the woods and think you've had too much to drink and don't want to drive home, call us. We'll come get you and you can crash on our futon.

I did get some knitting done, even with the above-mentioned 8-count limit. The blue hat is Foliage from knitty.com, done in di.Ve Autunno fine merino wool (lovely yarn - hat's a little big so I'll probably full it a bit).

These orange hats are made from Malabrigo's Gruesa in Cadmium. Do not adjust your monitor; they really are Cheeto-yellow. The one with the holes is my own eyelet unvention; the cabled one is Harlot's Unoriginal Hat, modified to 3 repeats instead of 4 to accommodate the extra chunkiness of the Gruesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment