Monday, December 17, 2007

In Which I Realize That Time Marches On

Holy moley... two weeks since my last post. Pathetic. But I've gotten a lot done! I've made a... um. Well then there's the... er. Hm. Oh! There was that... damn. The things I remember that I did I can't talk about because they're holiday gift-related... and the things I can't remember, well... I can't remember.

Well, here are some things I know I did in the last 2 weeks that I think I can show without spoiling anyone's holiday gift surprise...

Psychedelic Tiny Purse:
I took my own pattern and went hippie with it. Wheee! (BMFA STR lightweight carried doubled in Fire on the Mountain... left over from my Jaywalker socks, which fit PERFECTLY.)

The World's Most Expensive Washcloth:
This stuff is nasty to work with. I washed it to see if it would soften up, but it would still serve fine as a sloughing cloth for the shower. Or a pot scrubber. (Reynolds Garden Tweed; hard cotton, silk, and some other things. Very strandy.)

A swatch made of clouds:
Misti Alpaca Handpaint Chunky. *sigh* I'm in love all over again. I adore alpaca. The row of purl stitches towards the bottom is to indicate the size needle used. 10 purl bumps, size 10 needles. (Like that one? I got it from Diane at Yarn Place in Sunnyvale, who got it from Lily Chin. Genius!)

No comments:

Post a Comment