Sunday, August 30, 2009

Frog Pond

Yep, frogged. The Secret Garden vest was frogged back to the armscyes today. I re-checked the pattern and don't think I knit it wrong - I just think the math in the pattern was wrong and I blindly followed it. Didn't think to really look at what I was making until it was almost time to seam the shoulders. (And denial being what it is, even then, I made some adjustments and went ahead and seamed the shoulders. Rookie mistake.) Elizabeth Zimmerman is cursing me from her grave.

So, I re-did the math so that the fronts are the same width and the back is centered. I've already done 2 or 3 increases and except for the part where I did the increases so that they totally wonked off the pattern (apparently my math skills are only good for a certain number of minutes [seconds?] a day), I'm happier about having frogged it back.

And speaking of denial, I won't mention the fact that it doesn't quite fit. Fit me, that is. Oh well; it will fit SOMEone.
(Picture is of vest as I'm about to seam the shoulders. That would be the pre-frog seaming of the shoulders last night. Not sure if you can tell but there's a partial pattern repeat hanging off the right side of the back. And that's just one of its problems.)

No comments:

Post a Comment