Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Almost Free!


Well, now, lookie here... Who could that possibly be, sitting in a chair, bottle of water in her hand, not a care in the world??

Why, yes... it's Auntie Irene! She got the doctor's orders for "lobby privileges," so she got on their case to get her into a wheelchair, strap on the oxygen tank, and take her for a ride. She took turns having my brother, my sister-in-law, and my dad push her around. What a smile. Besides transferring from One hospital to another back at the end of June, that's the first she's been outside since May 17.

In other happy news, tomorrow we leave for Sock Summit 2009! Bags are packed, just need to figure out what's coming on the plane with me. Plenty of room still left in the bag, too. Hm... wonder if I'll need it...? Kadootje, we'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment