Monday, July 27, 2009

Slowly Back to Normal

Well, today (Monday) it's been a week since I returned from my Florida adventure. I gotta tell you... I still feel slightly adrift. Maybe it's knowing that Auntie I still has a ways to go, maybe it's just the culture shock after being there for so long, maybe it's just my brain, but not everything feels back to rights yet. I plunged back in to RP work on Thursday and really felt like I could have used a few more days, even though I turned around a fair amount of stuff over the next couple of days. Ach, who knows?

My Wednesday knitting posse came down to the house (instead of my going up to Cupertino) and it was soooo good to see them again (alas, without KB, who got stuck at work again). I don't know if I knit much of anything, but I was just groovin' on the posse vibes and being in their magnificent presence. Individually, they're all fabulous; together, we're freaking awesome. Or as Kadootje's son would say, "epic!"

Thursday night would normally be Thursday knitting, but because I was in Florida when our season's tickets to TheatreWorks started, ChickenKnittle rescheduled our night for that night. The play was not one of TW's best, but that still meant it was pretty good; cute story, fairly predictable. (ChickenKnittle thought the young male lead looked a little like Harry Connick, Jr.; I thought he looked a little like Brendan Frasier.) Anyway, that means I will finally get to see the Thursday crowd this week, including Knitterliness, who is back from her Tour du Paris (which, alas again, did not include a LYS)!

Aunt I continues to make good progress; we're expecting her trach collar to be removed sometime this week. That's so exciting! I get updates from CS, my high-school girlfriend who happens to live around a half-hour from dad. She's gone to see Aunt I twice and always puts a smile on Aunt's face. CS is just that kind of soul, doing wonderful things for people who need wonderful things done. Been that way since high school, a real angel and someone whose capacity for love seems never-ending. I miss you, CS. She'll try to get to visit again during the next week, because she hasn't seen "little Ray" (my brother) in a long time, and he's flying in tomorrow afternoon. (Sorry you have to catch such an early flight, dude!)

I've been making some progress on my Malabrigo socks after turning their heels the last week I was in Florida. I made the reinforced heel a little higher, and have now started the Diagonal Lace pattern (Wendy Johnson) up the leg. I'm almost done with the second repeat. I think it will work, but I reserve the right to rip it out and try something else.

My Clapotis is coming along; it will take a while. It's really easy knitting (except for the rows where you have to start a new drop-stitch placeholder, for which I still need to read the pattern... grrr), it's just that it will be fairly large, so I knit and knit and knit and eventually I'll be able to see that it's gotten bigger.

I also just started a Blanket Buddy for Kadootje's sister, who's due to have her second bebe next month. They're cute and easy to make.

Other than that, there's a little bit of interesting news this week... but I can't tell you until Friday. (I've already blown the secret with a few people so I'm trying to be good for the rest of the week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment