Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Enumeration

- The IRS audited our 2006 tax return. They want $2600 more.
- We were going to try to refinance the house next month. Rates are great. A house 2 blocks over (same floorplan as ours) recently sold at the toilet-bottom price of $300,000 less than what we paid for our house (admittedly at the peak). Thanks to this sale, our house won't appraise high enough to get us an acceptable LTV given our current mortgage and HELOC. In order to get below the acceptable percentages, we will have to buy down the mortgage by about $12,000, plus pay around $6,000 in closing costs. Sure. We have lots of extra money laying around. See item 1.
- My ear infection is apparently gone, but my hearing still hasn't returned. Ear doc says it could take as long as 3 or 4 weeks. Or longer.
- DH has part-time CIO gig (thank god) but we still need more income. There are 4 or 5 pending contracts, but none signed yet.
- I actually got bored today and decided to pull some weeds. I know. I tried to sit down until the feeling went away, but there were too many weeds that were higher than the bushes we like. Next place - condo.

Normally, these would send me over the edge. I hate the uncertainty of consultant life, hate that we pay DH's ex a stupid amount of money for her to sit on her fat ass, hate that this house has lost almost a third of its value, and really really hate gardening.

None of this matters a whit. I'm spending all my emotional energy on worrying about my aunt in Florida. She got diagnosed with multiple myeloma of the bone marrow last year, and during tests for that, they found spots on her lungs. She's having surgery tomorrow to remove them. One big one that's known to be malignant in one lobe and one small one that's still a mystery in the other lobe.

Nothing else matters. Heal well, Auntie I.

No comments:

Post a Comment