Thursday, April 30, 2009

Odds and Ends

Hey Teach! got buttons after all. The nice shawl stick I got at Bobbin's Nest is gorgeous, but is meant for use on a shawl, angled sideways. The sweater needed up and down closure. Up and down with a pointy stick in the middle of my girls seemed too dangerous and didn't close it correctly. So, off to 3 Beads and a Button where I found 4 different buttons that seemed to match. Picked up all 4 then held a beauty contest. The ones that looked like shiny Lifesavers won, by unanimous vote (Champer, Knitterliness, Kadootje, and KW). It's a really comfy sweater, too.

The top I was putting an edging on? The one that made me look like a hippo in a tutu? Tossed. As I was putting a different edging along the bottom, I realzied that the reason I had monkeyed with it at all was because it was too short. Anything I added to the bottom was going to flare, ipso tutu. Out.

Earache still there but nowhere near as sore as on Friday or over the weekend. Drugs prescribed Friday weren't having any effect by Monday, so I camped out at the doctor's office until the PA could see me. After much peeking in my ear and consulting with El Doctoro, a new antibiotic was prescribed, along with some drops. Monday afternoon we drove to San Simeon. Word to the wise: if you have an earache, don't do what we did. Head west on Highway 46 from Highway 101 to Highway 1, going over some rolling hills. Not a very high altitude, but enough to be excrutiating. By the time we got to Highway 1, I was in tears from the pain, not very good company for greeting my sister-in-law.

Luckily, the meds started kicking in, and on the drive home (we took Highway 1 north), I could tell we were going up and down, but it didn't hurt like it did on Monday.

Clean house today, knittters here tonight, to the doctor's again in the morning, this time for another blood work-up to see how my diabetes meds are working.

Exciting life I lead, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment