Sunday, April 19, 2009

Good News, Bad News

Good news: "Hey, Teach!" is done! Pix to follow. (4/20/09: ETA pictures!) It fits, it's comfy and squishy.
Bad news: The color variation between left and right fronts is fairly obvious. Also, the seams on the right side were thicker than on the left, because I was carrying two strands up the side (alternating skeins to lessen pooling of hand-painted yarn).
Lessons: Use solid color for next one, avoiding both problems.
Good news: I picked up a project I put aside last summer. My aunt had given me a top that was nice, but (a) it was reverse stockinette and I preferred the stockinette side, (b) it had short sleeves that were too short, and (c) the top itself was too short (I prefer longer tops). So I turned it inside out, ripped off the sleeves and made it into a tank top, then picked out some Muench yarn in my stash and proceeded to use it as trim around the neck, the new armholes, and the bottom.
Bad news: The trim actually looks nice around the neck and arm holes. The bottom, though... Um... well... let's just say I looked like a movie star when I tried it on. And by 'movie star,' I mean the hippos in Fantasia. You know, the ones who try to be delicate by putting on a tutu? The bottom curled up just like a tutu and I looked like one of those hippos. Bad. Very bad. I'm going to pull out the rows at the bottom and might just put a single row of trim. Nothing that curls or frills. No. Bad.

Good news: Paid our 2008 and 1Q2009 taxes on time.
Bad news: Too much money out of our pockets all at once! It hurts so much less when your employer takes it out throughout the year.
More bad news: Our 2006 taxes are being audited by the IRS, and for some reason, all our documentation isn't in the file, including something as basic as the mortgage company's statement of interest we paid on the condo. I'm the girl who saves everything, everything! Where the hell is that interest statement?
Good news: The beautiful weather is here, and so are - yum - strawberries!
Bad news: For some reason, so are the mosquitoes. There were 8 of them attached to our front screen door, and 6 on the back. Plus, when I did a little walkabout today, they swarmed up out in the back 40, as well as on the side of the house. WTF? We don't have any stagnant water around here. Hell, we're only watering 3 days a week, there should hardly be any water around!
Good news: Going to the Goldman Prize award ceremony tomorrow.
Bad news: Have a lot of RP work to do before we leave at 2:00. Better get to bed now; nitey nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment