Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day of Rest

Had fun yesterday, but sure was a tiring two days. We both woke up around 7:00 this morning. Usually, DH will decide he's awake and go downstairs to find a war movie or 1930's screwball comedy on the tube. Today, I asked him if he was getting up, he said "not sure," and the next thing we knew it was 9:30. I'll take that as a 'no.'

We both putzed around the house, gearing into the day very slowly, until we were both at the kitchen table at 11:00 to listen to "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" on NPR. At noon, I gathered all my Stitches yarn purchases and proceeded to spend the next two hours winding that yarn, plus the stuff I got at the year-end sale at Bobbin's Nest, plus the yarn I got for Christmas, plus some other yarn I found that hadn't yet made it into cakes. (Yes, I know you're not supposed to wind them until you're ready to use them because winding them makes them less stretchy, but I take care to wind them slowly [= loosely], and dudes - when I want to knit with something, I was to knit with it NOW and don't want to have to drag the swift [not Swiffer] and ball winder downstairs, set it up, wind it, fix any knots or scraggly bits, take it apart, then drag it upstairs again. No. When I'm ready to knit, I want to go to the craft room, pick up the yarn cake, and cast on. So nyah, I wound them today. Loosely.)

Yarns: Pagewood Farms Denali (merino), Pagewood Farms Alyeska (merino + cashmere), Mountain Colors Bearfoot (mohair), Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks Willow (merino + tencel), Creatively Dyed Yarns (merino), and a bunch from BMFA: Silkie, Mill Ends ('scratch & dent' yarn), Rare Gems (one-off colorways).



Oh, and Kelly planted the Christmas tree. One picture makes it look big and tall; the other is more real and shows it's about 4' high. Grow well, little tree, grow well!


Now I'm deciding if I want to shower then knit before going to help set up for the Bobbin's Nest after-Stitches party, or if I want to knit then shower. Decisions, decisions, decisions. It's so hard being me!

2 comments:

  1. Did you hear them mentioning Ravelry on Wait,wait??
    Wonder who from the "knitting community" is going to knit Mo a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that great? There's a Rav group for it, too!

    ReplyDelete