Monday, January 19, 2009

Well, Where the Hell Have You Been??

Oh. I guess maybe it's me who's been MIA, huh? No reason. Enjoying not having deadlines for RP. Enjoying knitting. Enjoying not having to set an alarm.

Well, all that's over with now. RP's back at work, which means I've got design team meetings to attend and documents to update. Which, after close to 5 weeks of not having much of anything due on a tight schedule, is not pleasant. I really should have been born to aristocracy - alarm clocks are for the little people...

We plan to watch the inauguration ceremony and associated pomp and circumstance. I'm pretty certain I'll cry. I've already gotten a little choked up when I read that Obama is going to be sworn in using the same bible that Abraham Lincoln used. Think about it. That's pretty seriously cool.

Knitting, knitting... Trying to be monogomous to one (maybe two) (okay, maybe three or four) thing at a time. So far, that's gotten my Checker-Bordhi socks completed, and I'm making great progress on the Silkie Monkeys. Soon as I'm done with those, I'll tackle Aunt's Red Spice sweater in earnest. And I did decide that Tuesday nights will be "knit your fucking swatches!" nights. 

On the writing front, Monday nights will be "finish your fucking novel!" nights, so those of you waiting on pins and needles to hear how Betha gets out of her latest adventure may not have to wait until 2019.

That's it. Tomorrow, history will be made. I'm pretty jazzed.

No comments:

Post a Comment