Sunday, October 5, 2008

Statue of Liberty No More

Yay! (mostly) On Thursday, the doctor removed the underlying gauze and stitches from my surgery. Yippee! He had me stretch and flex my thumb and said everything looked good.

But then he put another bandage over the incision and re-wrapped it in the ace bandage. Oh no! I was looking forward to not having that bandage! That bandage means I have to wear a rubber glove in the shower, wrapped with waterproof tape, and even with that, still have to hold up my hand like the Statue of Liberty (because water still leaks in, even with the waterproof tape). And it's hard washing the right side of your body when you can't get your left hand wet, let me tell you!

Not to worry. Doc said the bandage is just a reminder to me that my body is still in post-op recovery mode - and to lessen my chances that I'll whomp it on something hard - but not only can I take it off in the shower and get the incision wet, he encouraged it. Yippee!

Here's what it looks like now, under the outer swaddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment