Thursday, March 13, 2008

Entrelac Knit-along!

The Eunny Jang Entrelac Socks Knit-along has begun! Kadootje (D), GromKnit (M), and I are doing it; tonight was cast-on night. Unfortunately, M couldn't join us tonight, so we had a bifurcated cast-on night, with D and I at Madonna's and M at home. Not to worry; we'll be together next week for the base triangles!


Maybe it was because Friday the Thirteenth fell on a Thursday this month, but we wondered if these socks were dooooomed from the start... First I cast on only 8 stitches (this was immediately after we had agreed we'd cast on 12), then I cut my sock yarn along with my reinforcement yarn (Duh-oh!!) and had to Russian join the two pieces together (yes, I should have just backed it out since I had only increased 2 or 4 stitches, but damn...) Somewhere in there, D wound up with both socks' working yarn in the middle of the needle points, so she had to move ‘em and do a little shuffle… Oh, did I mention we’re doing two at once on one circular needle??? Yes, we're sick and twisted...
Here's the picture from the magazine. No shots of ours yet; they still look like twisted caterpillars impaled on needles right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment