Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Prepping for the Opening

While it's nothing as crazy as what Erin (the owner) is going through, I'm busy prepping for the opening of the sewing studio in her store, Bobbin's Nest Studio (that would be in Santa Clara, CA). I'll be doing demos of increase and decreases, and cast-ons and bind-offs. I've been knitting swatches showing the CO/BO; next is to do some swatches showing the inc/dec, plus identify which sample projects to showcase each one.

And then.... getting the pattern sheets for "Quick Knits" nights (Wednesdays in December). It's harder than I thought it would be! I'm no better with my own patterns than I am with others... when I knit from other patterns, I make little tweaks and changes along the way. With mine, even though I've knit them and wrote down what I knit and double-checked it, I still read through it and tweak it! Again! Why can't I just knit a pattern as is?!

Anyway, come join us this weekend (11/10) for the grand opening of the studio!

Gratuitous food photo - adorable Wee Bee pumpkins,
filled with a garlic and Parmesan cheese custard. Mm-mmm good. And cute!!

Sick and Twisted Department - This is the rug pattern at the Marriott Suites in Scottsdale, Arizona, taken during this year's spring training trip DH and I took in March. (That would be baseball, for the non-baseball folks.) Can you guess what's coming next?

Yes. I want to knit something in this pattern or something similar. Yes, I know I don't like intarsia. Yes, even if I liked intarsia (which I don't), this would be seriously sick and twisted. Don't know what to say. Just that every time I come across the photo, I think, "Wow, wouldn't that be cool?" And no one is around to smack me upside the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment