Saturday, September 1, 2007

Finished Object!

Yes, my little pretties, the JoJoLand socks are finally DONE DONE DONE. They look rather cool, if I do say so myself, and Kelly really likes them. (He'll get them back as soon as I'm done showing them off...)

Here they are at rest.

And here they are working hard.

None of the pictures I took really show off the color or the pattern to their best advantage. The color changes are very subtle, and the pattern looks sort of cable-y without being bulky. If I were to make another pair, I would decrease the number of stitches around the foot. It was the right number for the leg, since the Marble Arches (modified) pattern pulls in quite a bit, but a little too many for the foot, which is now a little... um... roomy. They don't feel uncomfortable, and I don't know if Kelly will even wear them with shoes, where the looser fit might present a blister opportunity. I guess we'll find out!

While on the ship, I did make some progress on the Crystalline Lattice socks, and got the soon-to-be-Jaywalkers to the heel-turning point. (And I would have turned said heel had I remembered to bring a spare set of needles or some spare yarn to thread them onto ... I couldn't believe how doofusy I was to not have those most basic items in my portable kit!)

I also started the White Lies vest, a kit I got on my second trip to Stitches West in 2006 - had I realized how simple it really was, I would have started it ages ago! (Okay, don't hold me to that... it's very possible I wouldn't have gotten to it at all, as obsessed as I am with socks...) Photos later. Much later, since I need to concentrate on getting the vacation pix together. And narrated. Assuming I can remember what the pictures are OF. I kept a journal, but after looking at just a few of the shots, can't remember what building that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment