Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Birthday Wishes

For 6 years now, I have woken up on September 11, wondering if *they* did something else to us again, afraid to watch or listen to the news, in case they did. And for 6 September 11th's now, I have been grateful and relieved that they have not. Despite being an adult (okay, that's relative), despite knowing better, despite acknowledging publicly that it's simply another day in the year, I then slide right into resentfulness that *they* ruined my birthday.

I know there are far more people than I who have far more real reasons for being resentful and having their days and months and years and lives ruined by that awful day in 2001. Yet, still... I pout. I get angry. I get frustrated. I get sad. I usually cry.

Today was no different. Luckily, I have the most amazing husband and the most wonderful friends who helped get me through the bad part quicker this year than in past years. Many phone calls and emails, flowers, a gift basket, and a bounty of yarn (and cash which will go towards yarn) again remind me how truly blessed my life is with people who love me.

At the end of the metaphorical - and temporal - day, I am one very lucky fish. Life is good.

P.S. - Only 1,888 ahead of me on Ravelry!
P.P.S. - Here's how wonderful my friends are... they gave me a gift certificate that will cover more than half of next year's Rockin' Sock Club membership!!! Girl-chicks, you RULE! THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment