Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pretty Pictures

And now, for my non-Ravelry friends (hi, Judie!) - and even for those on Ravelry - here are some pretty pictures! This is my Sock Summit 2011 haul... Everything's so purty!


Dream in Color "Stardust," one of their experimentals. Color - Redwood. (My purchase.)


Dream in Color "Stardust," one of their experimentals. Color - Open Flame. (Purchased as gift for someone.)



Pico Accuardi Dyeworks "Francino." Color - Nude. (Gift from Lynn; thank you!) The color was dyed just for SS11.


Out of Step Dyeworks "MCN Self-Striping Sock." Color - Screaming Ultraviolet Brain. (My purchase.) Yeah, I couldn't resist and cast on. Pretty awesome striping, huh?


Ms. Gusset "Sock Yarn." No colorway. (My purchase.) I got this one because Clara Parkes said it was the only yarn that was completely from Australia; it's not sent out to China for any processing.


Miss Babs "Yummy." Color - My Kelley. (My purchase.) Come on, people; I had to! The last Miss Babs color I succumbed to was called Pookie and was in shades of greeny-brown camouflage. It screamed Kelly, so this one actually being called Kelly (even with the different spelling), well, I simply couldn't -not- get it.


Indigodragonfly "Merino Sock." Color - I've Been Slimed! (Another gift from Lynn; thank you again!) These guys have the greatest names for their yarns. "You Got Peanut Butter on my Trout!" "2 Minutes for Sarcasm." "Don't Wear This on Star Trek." Truly great names.


Hazel Knits "Piquant Lite." Color - Carnelian. (Gift from Roberta; thank you!)


Hazel Knits "Artisan Sock." Color - Sanguine Peach. (Another gift from Roberta; thank you again!)


Fiber Optic Yarns "Foot Notes." Color - Gypsy. (Gift from Dorien; thank you!) The colors these guys get in their yarns is amazing. Everything was super-saturated and drenched in color. Gorgeous.


Crown Mountain Farms "Sock Hop." Color - Happy Together. (My purchase.)


Sanguine Gryphon "Bugga!" Color - Red-White Leaf Beetle. (My purchase - my first Bugga!)


Becoming Art "Eos Fingering." Color - Sunlit Amber. (My purchase.) Yarn from the Oak Grove fingerless glove pattern that I got at Stitches this year. My mistake when getting the pattern was thinking that I had a yarn that would be right for the pattern. After months of looking for something appropriate, I figured out that it really needed the yarn that the pattern was knit from. Yeah, sometimes I'm slow, but I'm cute!


And last but not least, another pair of glass needles from Sheila and Michael Ernst. Size US#6 with a 29" cord. (My purchase.)

No comments:

Post a Comment