Monday, August 8, 2011

D'oh

This:



(Becoming Art, Eos Fingering)

Was supposed to be this:



(Becoming art, Cielo Sport).

I was so excited to find the right colorway (Sunlit Amber) at Lisa's Becoming Art booth at Sock Summit, I grabbed the skein and didn't pay a lot of attention to the yarn base. Duh. The Oak Grove fingerless gloves call for the Cielo Sport base, I had picked up a fingering base. Right color, wrong yarn. D'oh!



Because she is lovely, when I emailed Lisa about my mix-up, she said all I'd need to do is send her back the Eos Fingering and she'll send me the Cielo Sport once she's dyed it.

Gotta love those kinds of indie dyers!

(Oh yes; yarn fumes indeed!!)

2 comments:

  1. And I thought I'm the only knitter who does that kind of thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I even bought the pattern and did not even notice this..... Blame it on the yarn fumes

    ReplyDelete