Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm Done with the Clap!

Clapotis, that is! (Pronounced "clap-oh-tee," as in the french-ish way.) It's purty. It's sparkly. It's sproingy. I likes it. I'll block a small swatch today to see how it (a) bleeds, and (b) takes to blocking. I don't want to wash out all the brightness of the color - which is fairly spectacular, even without the metallic.

This wound up languishing on needles for almost 2 years. When I first started it, I didn't know about the purl-instead-of-use-a-marker trick, but even after I found that little nugget, it still sat for a while. I don't really know why. It's easy, it's fun, it's fairly impressive, and it's fast. I think I had made it through most of the increase section in the first 20 months of its life, and finished the entire rest of it in about 3 weeks.

Purty. See?

No comments:

Post a Comment