Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Nuthin' To See Here, Move Along...

Been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, my home town...

No, wait; wrong intro.

Hi. Quiet. Lazy 4th of July weekend. Didn't do a lick of billable hours, but knit an awful lot, making good progress on Hibito and Picchu-Picchu. Converted 2 more people to toe-up socks (I think I'm up to about 15 now... when I hit 20, do I get a toaster-oven?).

DH's appointment with the mediator (and the ex and the 2 lawyers) was postponed from today (Monday) until Thursday because his lawyer was in the hospital over the weekend with a kidney stone. There's a little bit of apprehension about that. There's no way to tell how balanced the mediator will be; in other words, how close to 'our side' or 'her side' he'll be. He's likely to be sort of in the middle (that's kind of his job - to be in the middle)... of course, my definition of 'balanced' puts him much much closer to 'our side' than 'her side'!

Sorry there's not much knitting content. Here; look at a pretty picture:

I got this off of AOL 'waaaay back when I was doing beta testing for them. The olden days - 1992 or 1993, thereabouts. It was called "Married," and I've always been taken by its fluid look. I have no idea who took the original picture - or what it was originally a picture of - or who swirled it. (Back in the day, if you uploaded a photo as part of beta testing, you relinquished all commercial rights to it, and I think a lot of details were lost along the way, too.) Anyway, I've kept it all these years onnacounta I think it's pretty and soothing. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment