Sunday, May 2, 2010

Where'd She Go?

Nowhere, actually; just be hyper busy, prepping for May when RP will be in Bhutan for pretty much the whole month. That means we need to get two months' worth of work done in one month. Been crazy 'round here.

I'm in the final stages of the Sensational Shirttail sweater. All the parts were blocked this week, the shoulders were seamed Wednesday night, the first sleeve was attached Friday, the second sleeve was attached tonight, when I also seamed up (and then down) the left side. Tomorrow I'll seam up (and then down) the right side. After that, it gets a little dicey. I don't think I have enough dusty pink Aslan Trends Guanaco yarn left. I have a ball of dusty blue, but I'm not sure how it will look with only a bit of blue trim. The crochet trim goes around the whole bottom of the sweater, and then up the front to create loops for buttons. On the other hand, I don't really like how they did the neck piece around the back. I think it needs something firmer to hold the back of the neck in place, so I've been thinking of putting an I-cord border around the neck. Maybe I'll do all the trim in blue; that might actually look sort of nice. Add some to sleeves and it might look like part of the design.


I've also been mulling over how to write about my "head, hands, heart" theory of relationships. It makes sense in my head, but I'm not sure how it's going to sound when I put words to it.

In the meantime, here's a picture of a tattoo someone on Ravelry recently got. It's awesome and fairly close to what I want my next tat to be... except I want the yarn to spell out "mom," "nana," "Aunt I," (and "dad," too - to be added later, since he's doing very well right now, thankyouverymuch). Cool tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment