Saturday, February 13, 2010

Proud to be Canadien

Oh wait, I'm not. Sure wish I were; that Opening Ceremony was so cool. And I totally nailed who the torch-lighter would be - who else but The Great One??

I opted to not participate in neither the Knitting Olympics nor the Ravelympics. Don't really know why... although I seem to be in a finishing mood and - gasp - didn't feel like casting on anything right now. Weird, I know. I'll go lie down and maybe the feeling will pass. (Yes, I know I could have picked a WIP to finish, but I didn't have anything that would fit well in the 17 days.) Next time.

In other news, probate on my aunt's estate closed last week. We had the final phone conversation with the lawyer this morning. My brother and I now own half of a Florida condo, and dad hasn't decided yet if he wants to move into it. Tick-tock, tick-tock; if he doesn't want to, we're going to have to get it on the real estate market tout de suite before all the Snowbirds take off for their northern climes.

DH and I are now plotting our cross-country drive, likely some time in May. Yay! I'll finally get to see the Grand Canyon!

Wow; it's later than I thought. Thanks, NBC, for making those of us on the Left Coast watch the Opening Ceremonies on tape delay. WTH? Was that really necessary??

No comments:

Post a Comment