Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like... Birthdays!

There are SO many holiday babies in my gang of friends! November 24, December 3, December 17, December 19, December 23, January 4... We play a birthday version of 3-card monte at knit night with posse 1, 2, 3, and 4 signing a card for posse 5, then posse 2, 3, 4, and 5 signing a card for posse 1... while we try to talk about what to get posse 3 for her birthday! It's all great fun because, let's face it, yarn will be involved in some way!

One of the holiday babies is my DH, whose birthday is tomorrow. He just told me that tomorrow, I will be officially married to an old man. Nah. Never happen. Old men have big bushy eyebrows, nose and ear hair you can braid, and wear their waistbands up over their bellybuttons. That's not my guy. He's in far better shape than I am. Tomorrow he's 61, but I feel more like that age some times. Happy birthday, my love. (And just over 4 more days to cruise #1!)

Almost the entire gaggle of knitting gals will be at the house on Saturday; ChickenKnittle and CelticKnittingGal won't be able to make it. Won't be the same without them - but maybe the mulled wine and from-scratch pumpkin pie will help ease the pain...

December knitting projects: Missed deadlines for 3 things. Not too bad, considering I was making something like 18 or 20 things this year. Sorry; 3 of you are getting IOUs!

No comments:

Post a Comment