Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Little Breezy

So I was taking off my Collinette Jitterbug Upstream socks last night, and noticed something odd about the way the heel feels. "Odd," as in "hm, it feel a little cool right in that spot." (Cool, as in temperature, not as in Paris Hilton's "that's so hot" pronouncements [in which she means fashion, not temperature].)

Anyway, I was feeling a breeze where a breeze shouldn't oughta be, and when I took off the first sock and examined it, lo and behold, I had blown a hole in the heel! I checked the other sock and while there's no hole yet, it's just a matter of time. Lucky for me I took that darning class ("darn," as in fixing holes, not as in a mild expletive) with Merike Saarniit so can fix them. But still...
Oh, no!

In cheerier news, the Tuesday knitting group (minus one Tuesday knitter and plus one of the Thursday mistresses) and I spent this past weekend retreating in the Los Gatos mountains at Presentation Center. This is a lovely place, run by Catholic nuns (eek!), with cottages, cabins, and dorms scattered around their acreage in the hills. They supplied the roofs over our heads and the food in our tummies, we supplied the yarn and needles (and cheese and salami and chocolate covered raisins and M&Ms...). Very beautiful, very restful, very fun.

Sitting on the porch of our cottage; ChickenKnittle using her amazing
powers of concentration to not be in the picture.

KB showing off her Monkeys. On the right, the ones she made herself (several times); on the left, the ones she inherited. (Yeah, the ones she made look better.)
Pictured: ChickenKnittle, LMKnits, right side of massive mess. Not pictured: Jose.
Pictured: KB, Kadootje, ChickenKnittle, left half of massive mess. Not pictured: Jose.

1 comment:

  1. Love my new name, Katootje, she is actually a cartoon charachter in Holland, fits me perfectly.
    Wonder how Jose managed to stay out of the pictures??

    ReplyDelete