Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Horror! The Humanity!

ACK! Standing in the shower this morning, DH comes into the room whimpering, holding them up for me to see: socks... the second pair of socks I made him, and the first pair with any kind of a pattern, the socks that now have a hole in the ball of EACH foot!

Oh woe, oh woe... At Sunday Knit Club today, I tried to mend them, but alas... it seems they are too far gone. The holes are too big to simply duplicate stitch or darn across, like trying to throw a rappelling hook with nothing to grab on to. Sad, so sad.

These socks are made from JoJoLand Melody yarn. It's lovely yarn, nice and soft on the hands, and I adore the slow-moving changes. But when I was making them, I thought maybe I should use a smaller needle... and talked myself out of it. It was towards the beginning of my sock odyssey, and I hadn't yet learned to trust my sock instincts. Oh well... another reason to cast on - with smaller needles.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of those faboo socks. They were spectacular. Do you have any yarn to cast on? I know there's a yarn shortage at your place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I strongly recomment you to knit a new pair of socks for your DH.
    even though I agree with Debbie knowing your shortage of yarn, and the "never-touch-the-core-stash" rule, you might want to knit him green socks again. And I know just the yarn and the pattern for it!!

    Medium weight sock yarn, and before you know it, they are done!

    ReplyDelete