Thursday, January 10, 2008

Swatching = Twitching?

I got my Master Knitter (Level 1) packet over the weekend. What was I thinking?! It will be ever so interesting to see if I can do this. Not only swatches, but answering questions about the swatches... and a report! It's like being back in school again!

I picked up some Cascade 220 in a pale blue and a coordinating pale lilac. Figure I'll swatch even swatch numbers from one color, odd swatches from the other, and the hat will be the two of them striped.

Sheesh.

Non-knitting news - Driving around with the driver's side window stuck in the 'open' position is not a pleasant experience, especially in the cold and rain. Ask me how I know... Luckily, my normal car caretakers (The Driving Machine in Cupertino - quality place, class act) knew enough to diagnose it over the phone: I had a busted window regulator. Sure 'nuff, when they crawled in, that's what it was. They squeezed me into their busy schedule today (see aforementioned inclement weather) and got it fixed in about 3 hours. Aaahhhh.... The good news is that I got a lot of knitting done when I sat at Hobee's until they called to say it was finished. (And thank you, D, for keeping me company - and for the pumpkin!)

Sock progress! I added the side gusset to my Marble Arches socks, and now I just need to knit them (mindless stockinette!) down to the toe. Crystalline Lattice socks got their gusset a couple of weeks ago, but they have the pattern around the leg. They'll take a wee bit longer. And despite what you may have heard about the heel of D's pass-around sock, it's fine. No truly, nothing to see here. Why on earth would someone think they had to frog a heel 4 times? That's ridiculous. Step away from the heel. These are not the heels you want. (Both heels are done.)

Oh, and for the record? All that stuff people say about Cat Bordhi's wacky brain? It's true. I just picked up her "New Pathways" book... Holy mola-mola... What a mind. I can't wait to take a class from her at Sock Camp (to which I'm going) (did I mention that?) (I'm going to Sock Camp this year) (yep, totally cool) (I'm jazzed).

No comments:

Post a Comment